The following are some notes from day 1 of Leicester’s OER cascade workshops at Bath.
- must get a clear definition of hours of learning = credits
- liked the argument of using OER (publishing educational stuff openly) as a quality assurance mechanism. To expose ideas to different staff through the conversion / creation process. So great potential as a staff development mechanism assuming Departments had to release an amount of material.
- Copyright – get the slides, the does and don’ts
- have logs, manage risk – if we work with newly created material it should be OK for the project
- need to develop a process for managing copyright – informed by documenting Momna’s experiences
- all the materials are available from: http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/beyond-distance-research-alliance/projects/otter/about-otter-1/documentation
- Vic to brief Gwen & Bernie a few weeks before each steering group
- lots of documents to trac, look for some enhancements.
- can enhance the process (according to Leicester) by improving quantity and quality of metadata