Post meeting with Paddy & Fiona.
Theme: enhancing feedback through appropriate technologies – Monday 18th, 10 to 12.00
strap line: e-submission, e-marking and e-feedback: a life cycle approach
Scenario 1: Online, subjective text based >>> Use the life cycle of staff creating an assignment activity (collaborative, via Google Docs), to providing e-feedback (audio/video, generic or individual), and e-return via Wolsey.
Scenario 2: Classroom, blended, objective questions >>> clickers, and reference to the Wolsey quiz engine
Need to answer the following questions;
- why is feedback good and the role of feedback (Nicol & MacFarlane-Dick)
- role of technology (PPF)
- designing effective activities – learning design
- examples of e-based feedback (use the JISC e-assessment guide)
- clickers presentation … weave in, get to create (?) model for mapping to a blended approach
Need to accommodate:
- a very wide range of abilities in individuals
- no-ICT etc., so flip chart activities … so need to get them to do stuff (!!!)