We are in the process of putting the finishing touches to the Augmented Reality in Learning and Teaching Special Interest Group (http://moodle.rsc-eastern.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=216). This is aimed at all educational sectors and is a place to share ideas and experiences to help us all fathom out, what does augmented reality offer educators as a learning technology?
The aims of the SIG are:
- To develop a self-sustaining SIG and ‘community of practice’ for ‘Augmented Reality in Learning and Teaching’, that adds value, builds capacity, and stimulates partnerships and networks;
- To facilitate discussion and dissemination of the learning and teaching use, purposes and benefits of augmented reality, and to consider its future uses.
- To provide a staff development focal point for Augmented Reality practice, from ‘novice‘ to ‘expert’;
- To integrate ‘the student experience’ and ‘student views’ into these activities and deliberations;
- To be a resource for evaluation and investigation in the areas of educational augmented reality
- To coordinate a network of practitioners;
- To provide information and guidance on practice.
We’ll be launching on Friday 26th April, 11.00 to 12.00 (GMT). For more information registering for the launch, see:
We hope to see you there, the more the better 🙂