This is my crowd sourcing phase of developing a short (6 side) briefing paper for a University task and finish group on what roles might MOOCs play at our University. The following paper aims to give the background information and set the context for a further discussion. The intended audience is members of UCS’s Open and Distance Learning Group. The aims will be achieved through answering;
- what are the key characteristics of a MOOC?
- why offer a MOOC?
- what is the MOOC assessment model?
- what is a typical student profile on a MOOC?
- what is the student learning experience of a MOOC?
- what are the resource requirements for developing MOOCs?
- is FutureLearn the future of UK HE MOOCs?
- what might a UCS MOOC Strategy look like?
My first stab is available from the link below, and I’d love any comments, pointers or steers 🙂
I’ll be keeping edit options open until the 17th July, 2013.